[Harp-L] Chris Jones & Steve Baker - Can't Make You Love Me

Steve Baker steve@xxxxx
Mon Sep 19 04:13:07 EDT 2022

Thanks Randy. Chris was one of the greatest ballad players ever, it was both a challenge and a joy to play with him. Hard to believe he’s been gone 17 years now, I still miss him deeply. RIP Chris Jones, 11.11.1958 - 13.09.2005, you left a long shadow brother.

> On 19. Sep 2022, at 03:29, Randy Singer <randy at xxxxx> wrote:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qme8BvrKAeE&list=RDQme8BvrKAeE&start_radio=1 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qme8BvrKAeE&list=RDQme8BvrKAeE&start_radio=1>
>
>> I never ever ever get tired of listening to this haunting harmonica performance from our great Steve baker
>>
>> He is pretty much playing all thru the song …but he NEVER over plays…..just sits it in perfect ….and his playing incorporates blues classic licks without DEPENDING upon them..always fresh ideas…..one could transcribe his playing, seems written out so perfectly.
>>
>> If anyone wants to know how to back up a singer, WATCH THIS VIDEO
>>
>> We miss you Steve baker!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.harmonica-masters.de