[Harp-L] SPAH Membership

Owen P. Evans opevans@xxxxx
Thu Nov 17 12:40:47 EST 2022

Dear SPAH member or New member,

Big news! The SPAH membership will increase by $10 starting January 1, 2023. As our president, Michael D’Eath, explains in the Fall issue of Harmonica Happenings, “After a decade or more or no changes, the SPAH board has decided that we must increase the price of SPAH membership to $60 for individuals, and $75 for families. In addition to the amazing value of SPAH membership, and the commit­ment to preserve & advance our wonder­ful instrument, costs for printing, paper, and mailing have all increased significantly over the past decade—we will do what we can to ensure that this will be the only increase for some time! You have time to renew your membership before the increase takes effect on January 1, 2023, so please consider adding a little to your annual Rosebush donation instead.”

For the past several years we've asked you to renew online, helping us save on printing and mailing costs. For the many members who have heeded our request, thank you for your efforts. And we ask that even more of you join our effort by renewing online (click here to get to the Renewal Instructions). Our online payment service uses Secure Sockets (SSL) technology, and your credit card information is not stored on our system, providing you with the safety you need when paying online. And if you need help with your username or password, just respond back and I'll get you going.

As mentioned, there's also the opportunity to make contributions to the Rosebush Youth Fund with your renewal. Please give what you can—the youth are the future of the harmonica. And we are a 501(c)(3) organization, so your gift should be tax-deductible. Give generously!

Further, if you are a US taxpayer and of an age where you are taking a “Required Minimum Distribution” from your IRA (Individual Retirement Account) each year, please consider making a Qualified Charitable Donation (QCD) to SPAH as part of your year-end giving. Donating in this way as part of your distribution allows you to qualify for a tax deduction while helping you meet the minimum requirements! Of course, please check with your financial advisor about your own tax situation.

One more request: I urge you to share your support of SPAH with other harmonica enthusiasts. Your help in securing new members is greatly appreciated.

If you have already renewed for 2023, please disregard this email. If in doubt, you can check your membership end date once you log in at SPAH.org.

Again, thank you for your continued support. There would be no SPAH without you!

Stay safe and keep the music going!

-Phil Franklin
SPAH Membership Director

P.S. SPAH had several cool items for sale at the Convention including the remaining 2021 Goodie Bags. There are still some bags available, now reduced to $55, including shipping to the USA and Canada - worth it just for the harmonicas included! Check out the contents and order at www.SPAH­store.org/store while supplies last - only M, L, and XL shirts are available

Owen P. Evans - Marketing
Windsor, Ontario.

Please join us at the 60th SPAH Convention in St Louis, MO, August 15-19, 2023.

opevans at xxxxx