[Harp-L] Charlie Musselwhite hosts the Arhoolie Awards, March 26 streaming on YouTube

Slim Heilpern slim@xxxxx
Fri Mar 25 09:38:41 EDT 2022

Charlie Musselwhite hosts the Arhoolie Awards, March 26 streaming on YouTube

I just spotted on the steel guitar forum, some great steel players (including my friend Bobby Black) will be featured, posting here because Charlie will host and also be featured:

===
From Arhoolie Foundation Managing Director John Leopold:

For the last year I have been working at the Arhoolie Foundation, helping curate and share amazing pieces of regional roots music from our collections of photos, tapes, posters, and interviews. I encourage you to check out our site at www.arhoolie.org. But if you want to see what it is all about, check out the premiere of a project that I have helped conceive, The Arhoolie Awards: Celebrating American Roots Music on Saturday March 26th at 6 pm PT

This free livestream featuring awards presentations, rare archival footage of Arhoolie artists, and special performances by some wonderful newcomers to the Arhoolie family. The show is a celebration of roots music and the people who nurture it.

Hosted by living legend Charlie Musselwhite, the program will showcase Arhoolie Award winners the Jalopy Theatre & School of Music, Bobby Black, Chuck Campbell, Rubén Castillo Juárez, Ed Littlefield Jr., and Charlie Musselwhite himself.

We are also excited to feature new performances by Nora Brown, Miko Marks & the Resurrectors, Alvin Lee & Dontrail Wright, Dueto Dos Rosas, and Joel & Wilson Savoy!

Finally, don't miss rare archival performances by Maria Muldaur with Eric & Suzy Thompson & Laurie Lewis, Rose Maddox, Lalo Guerrero & Mariachi Los Gavilanes de Oakland, the Campbell Brothers, and the Savoy-Smith Cajun Band.

The video will start streaming on March 26th, 6 pm (Pacific), on the Arhoolie Foundation website: https://arhoolie.org/arhoolie-awards-livestream/ or https://2nu.gs/Arhoolie
====

here's the direct YouTube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YslfKNAq55U