[Harp-L] Reed that won’t respond to normal play on a new harmonica

Roger Rivner harplayer.roger@xxxxx
Tue Jun 14 18:42:04 EDT 2022

Hi
I am new to the list.

I bought a new Easttop harmonica and the 6 blow note won’t respond to normal attack but will respond to light attack. It is a diatonic harmonica in the key of A. I tried increasing the gap on the reed and it still won’t respond correctly. Is there anything else I can try to fix this problem?

By the way Easttop is replacing the harmonica but since they have not asked me to return it I want to see if I can learn to fix it. Thanks

Roger

Sent from my iPad