[Harp-L] Toots Thielemans diatonic

captron100@xxxxx captron100@xxxxx
Thu Jan 6 00:29:57 EST 2022

On Tue, 4 Jan 2022, Mikael Backman wrote: I am trying to put together a list of recordings where Toots Thielemans plays diatonic harmonica. Besides the ones I list below, does anyone out there know of any more recordings with Toots playing diatonic?   Mikael, I sent your request to fellow harp-L friend, Rob Paparozzi, who's a huge Toots fan. He added a fact that I remember being mentioned on harp-L a few years ago: In the movie soundtrack and Quincy Jones album/movie soundtrack for the 1967 movie, “In the Heat of the Night“, the song “Mama Caleba's Blues”, Toots not only plays Diatonic harmonica but Overblows!ron - Florida Keys, USA