[Harp-L] Playing chromatically on a diatonic (was Will Scarlett's place in the history of overblows)

Laurent Vigouroux laurent.vigouroux@xxxxx
Mon Feb 14 08:43:49 EST 2022

Hi all

In my opinion, it is now proven overblows can sound well and can’t be spotted in a phrase.
But it seems not everybody agrees on that (cf RD comment below).

As some people may hear tone differences better than me, I’d like to submit a sound excerpt to the community:
https://www.planetharmonica.com/NextGen/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Audio038.mp3

(it’s not played by me).

Would you spot the overblows in this phrase, just by ear? Please don’t use an harp to find out. Just your ears.
I would be very interested in your feedback.

Thanks!

Laurent

RD wrote

…