[Harp-L] Cupped mic'ing while wearing a headset vocal mic

John Thaden jjthaden@xxxxx
Sun Dec 4 05:34:43 EST 2022

Hi all, I'm trying to cut the cord. As our band's lead singer, harp player, and 2nd guitarist I'd like to be able to range all over the stage, be more active, instead of being chained to a stand mic and my vocal harmonizer pedal. I think I have the harmonizer figured out but am less certain about a headset mic.
I figure I can drape a harp mic around my neck on a short cable with a wifi transmitter on the other end so for solos I can grab this mic with my left hand, cup it and play. Maybe this'll work if my headset mic extends from my right ear, though if I'm bumping it frequently with my cupping hand then maybe not.
Anyone had experience with this? Maybe with particular brands of headset mics? Am I just dreaming that this is even possible? In general, how much control does a vocalist give up by switching to a headset mic?
Thanks!John ThadenTexas