[Harp-L] [EXTERNAL] gimmick

Brown, Jeff Jeff.Brown1@xxxxx
Mon Aug 29 16:47:03 EDT 2022

I believe Delbert McClinton played harmonica on that song.

________________________________
From: Harp-L <harp-l-bounces at xxxxx> on behalf of Mick Zaklan <mzaklan at xxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2022 4:00:51 PM
To: harp-l <harp-l at xxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Harp-L] gimmick

   Let me say a few words about Bruce Chanel's "Hey Baby".  As a high
school kid, I have fond memories of listening to it on the radio and
jukeboxes.  It was one of the first tunes I remember liking that had a
harmonica featured prominently.  To me, it's a superior tune to "Love Me
Do".  I don't know that it "languishes in obscurity".  I usually hear it a
few times a year on oldies stations.  Several years ago, I was watching my
niece performing in maybe the most award-winning high school band in the
country, the Marian Catholic Marching Band from Chicago Heights, Illinois.
I was stunned to hear a hundred plus kids playing "Hey Baby",
harmonica lines and all.  A quick look on YouTube seems to show the tune is
a staple of  marching bands across the country.  Occasionally it pops up in
a movie soundtrack.  Most notably, "Dirty Dancing".

Mick Zaklan

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.