[Harp-L] Afro-American chrom players

Bill Newton thenewtdawg@xxxxx
Sun May 30 10:45:42 EDT 2021

Stevie Wonder's harmonica playing was inspiring to me from the very
beginning. All of it - his beatiful timbre, nuanced rhythmic mastery, and
sparkling lines. I think it's safe to say nobody had ever played the
chromatic harmonica like that before. And let's not forget, he was a
musical genius, multi-instrumentalist, great singer, and important
songwriter. Musicians like that just don't come along often. The harmonica
world is lucky that he started on harmonica.

Bill Newton