[Harp-L] Cultural appropriation.

Laurent Vigouroux laurent.vigouroux@xxxxx
Tue Jun 1 10:53:56 EDT 2021

I would answer I find it exclusionary and extraordinarily snobbish not to allow people call any type of music the way they want 😊
It hurst my feelings that someone want to reduce other people freedom. 😊

I’m kidding of course.
But I do find the original post a bit … aggressive.

This being said, the insights given by Cathal are interesting.

De : Harp-L <harp-l-bounces at xxxxx> de la part de 46long Blake <46long at xxxxx>
Date : mardi, 1 juin 2021 à 16:48
À : The Iceman <icemanle at xxxxx>
Cc : harp-l at xxxxx <harp-l at xxxxx>
Objet : Re: [Harp-L] Cultural appropriation.
"Political correctness" is another way of saying, "I am capable of
considering and respecting other perspectives than my own." If you think a
challenging question is meaningless, don't participate. If you have
something thoughtful to say in response, even in respectful disagreement,
chime in. That's how progress happens and communities grow closer. If you
think a challenging question makes you uncomfortable, you probably should
listen. Shouting "DON'T TALK ABOUT IT!!!!" or "STOP CHALLENGING MY
BELIEFS!!!" probably falls into the latter category.