[Harp-L] Electronic harmonica—“Fanfare for the common man”

Shirley, John John_Shirley@xxxxx
Mon Aug 30 10:13:16 EDT 2021

Thanks so much for the kind words, Randy and Winslow!

SPAH had such a fantastic lineup of performers this year; I am honored to have been included.

I'm planning on releasing all of the tunes from the SPAH show, one every week or so, over the next couple months. The second tune in the set, Super Bon Bon, is scheduled for public release tomorrow, but I'm glad to offer it to Harp-L folks now. It uses the same pitch-shifting and tone-shaping tech as the Fanfare (also using diatonic harmonica), controlled through the MiniMIDI JOYstick, but it's not classical... more alt-rock origins, assembled in a looper/busker fashion.

https://youtu.be/FFiUBxmM7go
[https://i.ytimg.com/vi/FFiUBxmM7go/maxresdefault.jpg]<https://youtu.be/FFiUBxmM7go>
Super Bon Bon - looped harmonica and percussion cover<https://youtu.be/FFiUBxmM7go>
This video is an excerpt from a longer show which originally aired on August 11 as a part of the 2021 SPAH virtual conference (Society for the Preservation a...
youtu.be


  *   John

John Shirley, Professor of Music
UMass Lowell
Coordinator, Composition for New Media Program