[Harp-L] delayed posts (SPAH)

owner-harp-l@xxxxx owner-harp-l@xxxxx
Sat Aug 14 09:29:48 EDT 2021

Why the original post was delayed by a day is it got held because it was
over the posting size limit.  The reason it was over the size limit is it
had  significant html content which really ups the size of the post.

I generally check the harp-l held queue once a day in the morning.  When I
see a held post that's over limit because of html I look through it to see
if it has a plain text component then over ride the hold if it does.  What
happens after that is our system strips the html out then sends it to the
list.

Thanks to Phillip Franklin for pointing out that the SPAH session is
virtual and accessible after the fact.

2 things to do to get timely delivery of your posts, don't post images or
compose in html.  If time is of the essence get the post to the list a day
early.  harp-l-listowner