[Harp-L] ARKIA Demo

Jerome P. jersimuse@xxxxx
Thu May 14 05:14:20 EDT 2020

ah ah !

Thanks Joe, you're always too kind with me, I'm afraid my wife is the real
commandantore :D

Dennis, as Joe mentions, I play essentially Jazz, and I wanted to show what
could be done technically with the instrument.
The idea was not to create a harmonica dedicated to Jazz, even if playing
chromatically is facilitated by this instrument.

My guess is that modern Blues/Rock players will appreciate it very much for
two main reasons :
1. it is very airtight, bends & overblows are much easier than on most
harmonicas
So the gap of the reeds can be settled a bit more open than usually when
you want to play overnotes.
Which means you can find an adjustment where overnotes are there AND the
gap is sufficiently open to play with a lot of "energy".
A friend of mine is a good Blues player (Julien Cormier), and he has
ordered 3 more ARKIA Origin after a try.
2. the sound is bright, it reminds me a bit the one of a Marine Band
Crossover (I would say even brighter).
It gives a very dynamic sound, and it is very efficient for the low &
medium keys, to well distinguish all the frequencies.

Best regards,

Jerome