[Harp-L] Hohner XB-40 and Suzuki Manji questions

Steve moorcot@xxxxx
Sun Mar 1 07:18:27 EST 2020

As far as I know you can't get XB40s any more, bar odd ones in unusual keys on stray websites...

I used my two, in low D and G, a lot. They are much louder than other harmonicas.  They do take a fair bit more breath than yer average blues harp.  I adapted very quickly to the larger size, though I did find them a bit unlovable initially (I got over it). Not a problem. They are very durable. My G is still going strong but my D is currently in pieces as I tried to resolve an issue with uneven response at the bottom end. They are a fair challenge to work on if you're just used to blues harps. I must say, I found their fantastic volume to be great in pub sessions and I was very upset when they stopped being available.  I haven't had Manjis.

Cheers

Steve Shaw