[Harp-L] Boatsman, Blackberry Blossom

Rick Epping rickepping@xxxxx
Wed Jun 3 04:27:17 EDT 2020

Hi Ken,

I've put the track up on Dropbox; hopefully this one will work:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kp0sj7c1exbiv2l/12%20Boatsman%2C%20Garfield_s%20Blackberry%20Blossom.mp3?dl=0

The album it's from is entitled Stone Walls and Street Lights, by New
Road.  Downloads are available from Amazon and iTunes.

Boatsman is in the key of C, for which I used a low F with the 5- and
9-draw raised a semitone.

Blackberry Blossom is in G modal.  I wanted to retain standard cross harp
bending and chording but needed the extra notes at the low end and a Bb at
the high end so, starting with an Ab Marine Band, retuned it to the
following:
Hole: 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  10
Blow:  G  C  E  G  C  E  G  C  E  G
Draw:  B  D  G  B  D  F  A  Bb D  F

Best regards,
Rick
----------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 07:13:18 -0400
From: Ken Karpowicz <karpowicz at xxxxx>
To: Rick Epping <rickepping at xxxxx>
Cc: harp-l at xxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harp-L Digest, Vol 202, Issue 1

I have to add that for me, at about the 1:00 mark the recording fast
forwards to the end. Rich, do you have another way to share? Or, a place
where I can buy downloads of your recordings? Which harmonica are you
playing? I?ve just gotten an XB-40 in
G and one in C. I think these would be good for American OldTime.

Thanks for any help.

Ken