[Harp-L] Harp playing by musicians not considered harmonica players

Michael Rubin michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxx
Tue Jun 2 11:29:23 EDT 2020

Harp players often conceptualize good harmonica playing by control of the
technical aspects of the harp.  I prefer musicality, which can be defined
by

1. a control of the contrasts of music.  Loud, quiet.  Long short.  Legato,
staccato.  High low.  single notes, chords, double stops.
2.  More ethereal ideas such as feeling, soul, emotion.  They are harder to
pin down.
3.  A sense of timing.

Bob Dylan gives me more pleasure than most of the harmonica players in the
world.