[Harp-L] Charlie McCoy's first recording session as a harmonica player

JOSEPH LEONE 3n037@xxxxx
Fri Jul 3 18:41:57 EDT 2020

I wasn't trying to be a wise guy when I said what I said. I dissected the case as if I were taking it to court.
1.. I play trumpet. Yes it's possible to play one with one hand. But one would need a strong hand while maintaining fingers supple enough to actuate the plungers.
a. OR they could play a few notes by just changing embouchures and playing
it like a bugle. That seems backward to me. Especially on a session.
2.. I was under the assumption (possibly wrong), that it took TWO hands to play a bass.
a. OR a body could feasibly play singular 'thrumps'. Which I would suspect
would sound ...empty-ish. Again..backward. Especially for a session.
3.. I suspect that the wording: Charley played one handed bass and trumpet at
the same time, may have been misinterpreted FROM: Charlie played one handed bass and trumpet on the same TUNE. Which is different.
a. Playing BOTH instruments at the same TIME could be accomplished by
using TWO tracks.
b. IF the two instruments were playing at the same time.
4.. I would think that playing TWO instruments would be something that someone would have to 'work on' to get it all to mesh. I had a hard time ratioinalizing why a person would DO that. On the premise that they may have to use it some day? Seems pretty strange.

In conclusion I tried to visualize the whole enchilada and didn't have eyes for it. In other words I couldn't see it. Of course if it was actually done I would be pleasantly surprised. As Charley is a hero of mine. And nothing would give me a bigger chuckle than to find out that I am a completey wrong.

But I would have to see it to believe it. Just an opinion you understand. No biggie.
smokey-joe