[Harp-L] clogged harp

Steve moorcot@xxxxx
Sun Feb 9 06:04:37 EST 2020

I know that the very idea of holding your harp under a stream of water from a tap/faucet fills many with horror, rusting rivets and covers, etc., but if you do it when you get home and before you hit the sack the harp is already sort of damp from your playing anyway, and the residues therein will still be soft and easier to wash out. Even a quick swish in a bowl of warm soapy water before the rinsing doesn't seem to do any harm. Never let the sun set on a dirty harmonica. Harps with wooden combs and/or valves need different strategies. It so happens that most of my recent favourite harps are either plastic or metal, so I don't have to confront that particular issue. In my callow newbie days I once instantly destroyed a Hohner Echo by washing it through...

Steve