[Harp-L] sax riffs

Richard Hunter rhunter377@xxxxx
Tue Dec 8 12:41:09 EST 2020

My book "Jazz Harp" includes transcriptions in both arrow and standard
notation of Tom Scott's tenor sax solo on Joni Mitchell's"Raised on
Robbery" and King Curtis's first and second tenor sax solos on "Ridin'
Thumb".   I learned a lot from studying those.  For example: Curtis
typically uses a pentatonic scale for ascending lines, and a blues scale
for descending lines.  Either way, he sounds great.

Thanks, Richard Hunter
--
Check out Richard Hunter's new 21st Century blues release "Blue Future"
and the 21st Century rock harmonica masterpiece "The Lucky One" at Amazon

Author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)