[Harp-L] quarentunes real tab --sheetmusicdirect

philharpn@xxxxx philharpn@xxxxx
Sat Apr 18 15:44:09 EDT 2020

If you're looking for the diatonic harp tabs with the real notes, read on. I found a source of 82 tunes. <https://www.sheetmusicdirect.com/search.aspx?query=harmonica>
There is a wide variety of tunes. Plus you can look them over. They have number and arrow harp tabs plus music notes so you can get the timing right. You can also play the songs back on your computer.
I received an email from <sheetmusicdirect.com> announcing they were running a sale -- unlimited sheet music for the first month under their PASS program (sheet music printout and pdf download of same tune),
I usually deal with <musicnotes.com> which gives me a printout and pdf download for the same price. But I thought I would check out <sheetmusicdirect> and see what was going on. Not only could  I download the pdf of a tune but I could download the tune in seven different keys <musicnotes.com>--some songs are easier to play in different keys not because of flats and sharps but range: a high G or high A is tricky to play on cornet
It turns out that I had about a dozen tunes on my <sheetmusicdirect> account (and they all had pdf files I could download.
I was looking for Bill Wither's "Aint No Sunshine" and noticed that in addition to all the piano guitar vocal and trumpet and uke and lead sheet versions was one for harmonica. I don't recall ever seeing any harmonica arrangements on <musicnotes.com>
The <musicnotesdirect> tunes most cost $2.99 and some of the tunes have bent notes. You can tell the bent notes by the slash marks on the note heads.
keep on harpingPhil Lloyd