[Harp-L] Beginnner rack recommendations

Douglas Johnson dmj@xxxxx
Wed Sep 18 20:33:05 EDT 2019

Vern wrote on September 18, in response to my query regarding a
recommendation for a beginner's neck rack:

>The holder in question is the Ergonomic Neck Rack or ENR, so named
>because it has adjustments in four degrees of freedom to hold the
>harmonica in the exact position desired by the user. [snip]

Thank you for filling in the details!

>Although it can accommodate some diatonics, there are a few caveats.
>[snip]

Your description of the rack and the particulars of using it with a
diatonic harp are quite helpful to me. I think that, as a beginner who
plays only the diatonic harp, I might find this rack to be more than I
need. But I'll certainly keep it in mind down the line.

>Mike Easton is setting up to make and market HFCs and ENRs.  I think
>that he is getting close but he will announce the availability date and
>price.

And thanks also for this. I didn't see the racks listed on his website,
<http://www.harmonicarepair.com/Fathead_Musical_Instruments/Home.html>,
which Gary Lehmann provided in an earlier message.

Again, thanks for your detailed reply about this rack.

--
Douglas Johnson
dmj at xxxxx