[Harp-L] Recommendation for beginner's book

Degregorio, Jeff jeffery.degregorio@xxxxx
Wed Sep 18 09:22:45 EDT 2019

I agree with Bill (Jon Gindick's Rock 'n Blues Harmonica).  It got me on the fast track of learning the harmonica.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Harp-L <harp-l-bounces at xxxxx> On Behalf Of Billy Hines
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:59 AM
To: David McCurry <david.mccurry at xxxxx>
Cc: harp-l at xxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Recommendation for beginner's book

CAUTION: This email originated from outside CHRISTUS Health System. DO NOT OPEN LINKS or ATTACHMENTS in this email unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. Please forward any suspicious email to SOC at xxxxx<mailto:SOC at xxxxx>.

Jon Gindick's Rock 'n Blues Harmonica is excellent and makes learning harmonica quite fun. Give it a look.

Bill Hines

On 9/13/2019 7:15 AM, David McCurry wrote:
> Thanks, I'll check it out!
>
> On Mon, Sep 9, 2019, 10:08 PM George Miklas <harmonicat at xxxxx> wrote:
>
>> "Dirt Simple Harmonica" by Phil Duncan and published by Mel Bay.
>>
>> *--------------------------*
>> *GEORGE MIKLAS  **www.GeorgeMiklas.com
>> <http://www.georgemiklas.com/>* *Harmonica Gallery
>> www.HarmonicaGallery.com <http://www.harmonicagallery.com/>  Click
>> here for **Sales <http://sales.harmonicagallery.com/> or **Repair
>> <http://repair.harmonicagallery.com/>*
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 10:29 AM David McCurry
>> <david.mccurry at xxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello fellow harp instructors,
>>>
>>> I'll be teaching a beginning harmonica course next year at the John C.
>>> Campbell Folk School and I am looking for the collective Harp-L
>>> recommendation for the best book for beginners. I've been told most
>>> of those who will sign up will be quite new. I know a few of you
>>> have likely written and published books that will show up in the
>>> recommendations. I'd particularly like to get input from those that
>>> have used a book with students. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks to one and all for this help.
>>>
>>> D.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Professor Dave McCurry
>>> www.indigorootsmusic.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:   Confidential information, such as identifiable patient health information or business information, is subject to protection under state and federal law.    If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you may not disclose, print, copy or disseminate this information.  If you have received this in error, please reply and notify the sender (only) and delete the message.  Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law.