[Harp-L] Philadelphia PA Area Harmonica Classes Begin Tues. Sept. 17, Mon. Sept. 23 & Wed. Sept. 25

zepharpo@xxxxx zepharpo@xxxxx
Sat Sep 14 05:23:43 EDT 2019

From:  Seth Holzman,
            Email: zepharpo at xxxxx
            Saturday, Sept. 14, 2019

Dear Fellow Music Lovers -
    Announcing Harmonica Classes in the Philadelphia PA area:
    Seth Holzman Teaches Harmonica Classes, Workshops, Private Classes and Private Lessons!
    Some of Seth's "Beginning Harmonica" and "Blues Harmonica" classes begin in just a few days.  The others begin a week later.

    Tuesday Night classes in Ardmore PA begin on Sept. 17.
    Monday Night classes in Philadelphia PA begin on Sept. 23.
    Wednesday Night classes in Havertown PA begin on Sept. 25.

Tuesday Night Classes:
    My 6 week Tuesday night class, "Harmonica For Beginners" (7:45 - 9:00 PM), begins Tues. Sept. 17 and continues through Oct. 29 (no class Oct. 8).
     My 8 week Tuesday night class, “Blues Harmonica" (6:15 - 7:30 PM), begins Tues. Sept. 17 and continues through Nov. 19 (no class Oct. 8 or Nov. 5).
    These Tuesday classes will be held at Lower Merion High School in Ardmore PA and are offered by Main Line School Night (MLSN).
    For information or to register for my Tues. night classes, contact MLSN at 610-687-0460 or www.mainlineschoolnight.org.

Monday Night Classes:
    My 8 week Monday night class, “Beginners Harmonica For Adults (ages 13 and above)" (6:30 to 7:45 PM), begins Mon. Sept. 23 and continues through Nov. 19.
     My 8 week Monday night class, "Blues Harmonica 1" (for people who have taken "Beginners Harmonica" or others who are at a similar level) (8:00 to 9:15 PM), also begins Mon. Sept. 23 and continues through Nov. 19.
    These Monday night classes will be held at the Philadelphia Folksong Society (PFS), 6156 Ridge Ave., Philadelphia PA 19128, in the Roxborough section of Philadelphia.
    Register for these Monday night classes through either of two different organizations: the Philadelphia Folksong Society (PFS) or the Mount Airy Learning Tree (MALT).  Even though they are offered by two different organizations, the classes are one and the same.  You may register for a Monday night class through either organization.
    The Philadelphia Folksong Society is the great venerable organization that has been bringing us the Philadelphia Folk Festival since about 1962 (for about 57 years!), as well as many other concerts, workshops and community programs throughout the years!
    For information or to register for the Monday night classes, please contact:
    The Philadelphia Folksong Society (PFS) at 215-247-1300 or www.pfs.org.
    Or, for the Monday night classes, you may also contact:
    Mount Airy Learning Tree (MALT) at 215-843-6436 or www.mtairylearningtree.org.

Wed. Night Classes:
    My 8 week Wednesday night classes, "Harmonica For Beginners" (6:30 to 8:00 PM) and “Blues Harmonica 1" (8:00 to 9:30 PM) begin Wed. Sept. 25 and continue through Nov. 20 (no class Oct. 9).
    These Wed. classes will be held at Haverford Senior High School in Havertown PA.
    These Wednesday night classes are offered by Haverford Township Adult School (HTAS).
    For information or to register for my Wed. night classes, contact HTAS at 610-446-8022 or www.haverfordadultschool.org.

(Please note: If you want to take my Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday “Blues Harmonica” or “Blues Harmonica 1” class, but haven’t taken my beginners’ class, I need to talk with you to see if you have the required skills and knowledge.)

    (For course descriptions, see the various websites.)

    Note: If you are interested in one of these harmonica classes, please sign up as soon as possible (immediately).  Because class size is limited, the class could fill up, and then you will be closed out of the class.  If there are not enough people registered for a class, it will be cancelled.

    I've been teaching harmonica classes since 1975 in the Boston MA area; the Syracuse NY area; in New York City; and finally in the Philadelphia PA area (I've moved several times over the years).
    And I've been teaching private harmonica lessons since the early 1970's.
    I've had the pleasure of sitting in with Muddy Waters, Koko Taylor, Roomful of Blues, Magic Slim, Dave "Honeyboy" Edwards, John Brim, Vanessa Collier and others.  And I've had the great pleasure of gigging with Ronnie Earl, John Mooney, and many others.  I currently gig with Stevie and the Bluescasters (www.stevieandthebluescasters.com/).
    I studied music and earned my BA in Music degree from Syracuse University.

    Email me at zepharpo at xxxxx for information about harmonica classes, workshops, private classes and private lessons.

    Thank you!
    Best,
    Seth