[Harp-L] Midi Guitar 2 for harmonica

Richard Hammersley rhhammersley@xxxxx
Sat Nov 16 08:47:09 EST 2019

I was wondering if anyone on the list has experience of using the Midi Guitar app with harmonica? I’ve played around with the free test version and it works well converting harmonica via a mic to polyphonic low latency midi input, but the free version interrupts you every 30 seconds or so, which makes it impossible to try and record anything remotely seriously.  The paid version is $100 but I am loathe to fork that out in case there are hidden issues trying to play or record more than a few seconds. On the other hand this potentially is a very cost effective way of inputting midi from a harmonica.

If you’re interested this app converts the entire acoustic signal to midi, rather than working with 6 strings as many guitar midi interfaces do, so it doesn’t really matter what the acoustic input is. For instance you can sing into it if you like (with alarming results in my case).

Thanks
Richard