[Harp-L] 1 month until HarmoniCollege

James Brill Rumbaugh jrumbaug@xxxxx
Fri Mar 1 20:55:14 EST 2019

HarmoniCollege (8) 2019 with “professor” Mike Caldwell
And Private lessons by Clint Hoover
Guitar lessons by Scott Stephens
HarmoniCollege 2019 will be Friday April 5 & Saturday April 6

At Heritage Farm 3300 Harvey Road Huntington, WV 25704
It all starts at 6pm Friday night with “Eat, Meet, and Greet”. Jam 7 to 11.
Saturday Breakfast at 8, classes start at 9, noon lunch, classes 1 to 5. Dinner, Jam 7 to 11

Mike Caldwell will be teaching harp. Mike explained to me, “My goal and mission is to teach players how to be an enhancement to the music --- team players who contribute to the musical conversation without DOMINATING it. This will make them welcome additions to jams and sit-in situations rather than the annoying harp player who must be endured/tolerated. “

Here is the list of classes:
9am       "Octaves and Double Stops"
10am   "Fix My Licks" Part 1 (two hours)
LUNCH
1pm       "The Art Of Tasteful Fills" Part 1
2pm       "The Art Of Tasteful Fills" Part 2
3pm       "Fix My Licks" Part 2

This year, Mike presents “Fix My Lick”. Pre-registered students can send Mike a song and he will make suggestions on how to play it. Registered students can send their requests to jrumbaug at xxxxx or directly to Mike  via:
EMAIL: kamikazeharp at xxxxx
CELL: (865) 438-5291
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/mike.caldwell.585

Requests received so far are:
'Apple Tree Swing’,   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyojEUrpeRg
“Faith, Faith, Faith”; by the Mississippi Kairos Band,
Juke
A review of “the major pentatonic and blues scales”
Who’s Been Talking
Billy Branch's "Help Me!"

Private 30 minute lessons can be scheduled with Clint Hoover as well as Mike Caldwell for $50.

Scott Stephens will be teaching guitar for GuitarNiversity. His six classes are:
9 am  Introduction to Appalachian Folk Music
10 am Introduction to Blues Music
11 am Introduction to Bluegrass Music
LUNCH
1 am  Introduction to Jazz Music
2 am  Introduction to Guitar Improvisation
3 am  Introduction to Music Theory

The fee is the same as last year. $70 covers the lessons, jams, and all your food. (up to 5 meals)

Room costs are the same as the last 2 years. Rooms are $180,for those that want to stay overnight at Heritage Farm.  Room and classes are $250 total.

Jim Rumbaugh
The Harmonica Club
Huntington, WV

AS OF MARCH 2019, THERE ARE TWO ROOMS REMAINING FOR RESERVATION.

More at http://hhcwv.com/harmonicollege.html