[Harp-L] Harrison

Vern jevern@xxxxx
Fri Jul 19 18:22:09 EDT 2019

His mistake was getting his projects out of order.  IMO, he should have minimized his early investment and concentrated quietly on developing his reed-fabricating process. This is the most difficult and risky sine qua non for a harmonica startup.  With reed-making in hand, he could have then taken on mechanical design of the comb, reed plates and covers with their larger investments in special tooling.  After that he could have publicized it.  Last of all should have been taking orders and money.

My understanding was that he used almost a reverse of that sequence.  If I am correct, it was more of a failure of planning than of adverse circumstances.  I was put off by his blatant puffery.

He let his order-taking get far ahead of his ability to make harmonicas. It appeared that difficulties with his secret reed-making process slowed deliveries.

 I was put off by his blatant puffery.

Vern