[Harp-L] Steve Malerbi's 2009 performance of Jobim's Chega de Saudade

Slim Heilpern slim@xxxxx
Fri Jul 19 17:42:31 EDT 2019

Here's another previously unposted cut from the 2009 West Coast Jazz Harmonica Summit DVD. This is our friendly harp surgeon himself, Steve Malerbi, doing his wonderful rendition of Antonio Carlos Jobim's "Chega de Saudade" (No More Blues) on a CBH 2016 (beautiful tone for this style). The backing trio of Sam Bevan, Jeff Massanari, and Bryan Bowman is, as usual on this gig, spot on:

https://youtu.be/zzpk6bAa4zI

p.s. I'll continue to post cuts from the DVD over the coming weeks in honor of the upcoming 10th anniversary of this event, and if you'd like a copy of the DVD at far below cost, we have plenty left: www.jazzharmonicasummit.com <http://www.jazzharmonicasummit.com/>.

- Slim