[Harp-L] Famous Harmonica Players (John Popper)

Boris Plotnikov ploboris@xxxxx
Thu Jan 31 13:09:44 EST 2019

The trick is Popper and Wilson are kind of similar player in their
appeoach. They don't play "phrases" or "melodies" most of the time, they
are doing some kind of "flow" which works as a part of groove. Compare to
Little Walter's or Garry Smith's who mostly plays phrases and melodies

чт, 31 янв. 2019 г. в 17:07, The Iceman via Harp-L <harp-l at xxxxx>:

> I'll tell you one thing that is different in Popper's playing as opposed
> to, say, Kim Wilson's....
> No one leaves a Popper show whistling/humming his speed sequential
> patterns and carrying them home with them...
> It's one thing to be impressed by speed for its own sake and another to
> take what is played to heart, IMO.

Thanks, Boris Plotnikov
http://borisplotnikov.ru