[Harp-L] Famous Harmonica Players (John Popper)

Hannes Schneider hannes.schneider.23@xxxxx
Thu Jan 31 11:44:47 EST 2019

I'm only remotely familiar with Blues Traveler from the 90s and that was
before I started playing the harmonica. His harmonica playing didn't make
any special impact on me then. I enjoyed some of his songs but largely
forgot about him until this discussion came up.
Following Boris' advice I watched his interviews on youtube and got some
very interesting
ideas to incorporate in my practice. I also got the impression that he
doesn't take his statement
about being "arguably one of the best harmonica players in the world" half
as seriously as some
people on this list seem to do. I mean, watch the episode about How to
survive a tour bus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRCtxAa4C7o - this guy has a special sense
of humour ...

" No one leaves a Popper show whistling/humming his speed sequential
patterns and carrying them home with them..." - Probably not, but maybe
humming one of his songs ? I guess not everybody goes to his concerts just
for his harmonica playing ...

regards
Hannes