[Harp-L] Who is Good?

Robert Eberwein reberwein@xxxxx
Wed Jan 30 14:40:54 EST 2019

Its funny. I don't think anyone would ever say to a, say, intermediate
snazzyily good saxophone player: "How long does it take to get that good."
It reminds me of one of my clients, who had seen a video of me playing
(nothing exceptional but a fairly complicated solo, and one good enough to
have been paid to play), "Show me how to do that." She'd brought a new
Marineband with her and figured I could show her in a session or two. To be
fair, a lot of us picked the bluesharp up for the same reasons people pick
up spoons or Jews-harp, but you'd think there'd be a point where that would
stop. No complaints mind you- just as many people think you are world class
just because you breath fast in & out scales on the high end. It is not a
fair world. But I like it.