[Harp-L] Famous "Harmonica players"

Richard Trafford-Owen richard@xxxxx
Tue Jan 22 15:24:36 EST 2019

Harmonica probably entered my consciousness via Charlie McCoy. His (via
Area Code 651) Stone Fox Chase was the signature tune to a great TV
programme in the UK that showcased new acts called "The Old Grey Whistle
Test".

He also gave me some useful inspiration years later when I was early in
learning the instrument. I wrote him a letter and he sent back, unrequested
or compensated, a cassette with Stone Fox Chase, which was otherwise
unavailable. He also sent a personal note and a key sheet.

I was extremely touched. It also made me want to pay it forward in all
areas of life, because it gave me the realization that even small acts of
assistance can have a big impact. All the wonderful gifts of information
and encouragement on Harp-L have been further example of this.