[Harp-L] New Tool/Method for Improving Reed Response - Shim Stock

bren@xxxxx bren@xxxxx
Thu Jan 17 06:44:09 EST 2019

Vern suggested harvesting the thinnest blades from a Feeler Gauge to get
suitable shim stock for separating the seal from the nail polish and the
reed in my suggested new method of reducing air loss at the reed base using
a nail art pen.

I had a look at a few online, and am not so sure. The thinnest blade on most
feeler gauges I found seems to be around 0.04mm - 0.05mm, which is too
thick. You need shim stock down to 0.01mm (10 microns) or even 0.005mm (5
microns). (BTW I made a mistake in the video, as I said 0.01mm was 100
microns. oops!).

Maybe these is a feeler gauge that will go down to that level. If so, please
post the link!

Brendan Power

www.x-reed.com <http://www.x-reed.com>

www.brendan-power.com <http://www.brendan-power.com/>