[Harp-L] Harmonica in The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

Mikael Bäckman mikael.backman@xxxxx
Wed Jan 16 08:34:51 EST 2019

I doubt that it's Willie Watson himself, I've never heard him play that clean...

Yeah right, the guitar player didn't need a count....

/ M

________________________________
Från: Shuffling <shuffling at xxxxx>
Skickat: den 16 januari 2019 13:49
Till: Mikael Bäckman; harp-l at xxxxx
Ämne: Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica in The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

Coincidentally, I just saw the movie for the first time this past week and was wondering the same thing.

I don't have a definitive answer, but I think the player might be Willie Watson, whom I don't know anything about (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Watson_(musician)).
Willie Watson (musician)<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Watson_(musician)>
en.wikipedia.org
Willie Watson, born September 23, 1979 in Watkins Glen, New York and raised in Upstate New York around Ithaca, is a singer-songwriter, guitarist, banjo...

BTW, in the first film in the anthology, I though it was very cool that it was a harp player who ultimately bested the guitar player.