[Harp-L] New Tool and Method for Improving Harmonica Reed Response

Vern jevern@xxxxx
Tue Jan 15 16:05:26 EST 2019

> On Jan 15, 2019, at 12:50 PM, Richard Trafford-Owen <richard at xxxxx> wrote:
>
> ………..To Vern, do you think that there could be other factors than technical
> leakage? It seems plausible that reducing clearance between reed and slot
> would affect reed dynamics in a positive way, even if overall leakage is
> not significantly changed.

I can’t rule that out. However, the nail polish is applied to the least active third of the reed and seems less likely to have a perceptible effect. The claim for improvement was based on leakage and that is why I raised the question.

Vern