[Harp-L] 2nd and Third position backing rhythm

Robert Hale robert@xxxxx
Fri Jan 4 09:58:57 EST 2019

2P offers two chords and some two-note harmonies.
3P offers only one triad and some two-note harmonies.

Harmonica crosses over a lot of the vocal range, so I am careful not to
clutter, compete, or distract.
Best approach is to emulate what horn and string lines are doing in the
original recording.

STRING lines are typically long, sustained tones across one and two
consecutive chords.(a tone common to both chords)
HORN lines can do the same, but also offer rhythmic punctuation and
syncopation with one repeating note.
LAY OUT. Best of all, be willing to stay out for a section.

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL
DUKEofWAIL.com