[Harp-L] "Reverse Practice" / from 5min a day to 1 second a day :)

F F franze52@xxxxx
Thu Jan 3 19:01:27 EST 2019

Just a quick update on my "reverse practice" experiment...As you all know I started practicing 5 min a day for 3 months and made such huge strides that I instinctively realized that less practice was best for my improvement as a musician. It's a personal choice...

Then did 4 mins for 3months - 3 mins for 2 mons - 2 mins a day for 1 mon - 50 secs for a mon - 30 secs a day for a mon - 10 secs for a mon daily...

So now in this new year I proudly declare that I can now practice for only 1 sec and make important musical strides in my harp playing...It truly is amazing how this works! but, to each their own...

Playing the harmonica for 1 second a day - has really opened my eyes and ears to the power and intelligence of "reverse practicing"  your instrument in order to gather expertise that can only be achieved by this difficult discipline.

Well that's all for know, I have some practicing to attend too - or do I :)