[Harp-L] Harmonicaster electric harmonica at a new lower price

Ronnie Schreiber autothreads@xxxxx
Sun Feb 10 22:46:28 EST 2019

I just got back from Martin Lang's Amplified Blues Harp Clinic held in
Chicago. I gave a presentation on the Harmonicaster electric harmonica,
and Martin demo'd both versions of the instrument, one with Lace Sensor
pickups custom made for the Harmonicaster by Lace Music, and one with
our own "Neodymatic" single coils, fabricated and scatter wound
in-house. Though there are differences, people liked the tone of both
sets of pickups, so I'm comfortable making the Neodymatics standard
equipment, with the Lace Sensors now an extra-cost option. I'm also
making the Made In USA professional, foam lined case an option. Most
harp players already have a case.

As a result, we've been able to lower the price of the Harmonicaster
more than $100, down to $274.99, plus shipping. That includes one key
cassette in your choice of keys. The Harmonicaster uses the same long
lasting stainless steel reeds, combs and reedplates as used in Seydel's
$60 Session Steel harmonicas. For comparison, a Bulletini-VC mic is
$229, a Lone Wolf Jason Ricci Signature mic starts at $237, and a
professional quality harp like a Lee Oskar or Hohner Special 20 is at
least $40.

Lace Sensors will be a $74.99 option and the case will now cost $24.99.
Custom colors will also be an upgrade over the standard black and silver
Harmonicasters.

Per feedback (no pun intended) from players Will Wilde and Bill Wilding
(no relation), I've made some small but significant revisions to the
coverplates for better air-sealing and playability. The units that
Martin Lang tested had the new coverplates and he says the Harmonicaster
is definitely playable with both pucker and tongue blocking embouchures.
In addition to the coverplates being color-coded for keys, the key
signature is now embossed in metallic silver, backed by glow-in-the-dark
plastic to backlight the key in poor lighting.

Here is Martin on the Neodymatic equipped Harmonicaster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icTc_6hjpV0

And Martin on the Lace Sensor equipped Harmonicaster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggEZex7DzOY

The Harmonicaster has a cool native electric tone, it can play loudly
without feedback, and it's compatible with the world of effects devices
and pedals.

For more information, please visit http://www.harmonicaster.com

Thanks,

Ronnie Schreiber