[Harp-L] Once upon a time . . .

Trip Henderson trip.tunes@xxxxx
Fri Feb 1 12:58:13 EST 2019

Agreed Joe. Melody and variation is what I find most satisfying, that's
where I started as a player and where I've ended up, primarily working in
bands that are either old time, bluegrass or honkytonk. It wasn't until I
was hired to play in an electric blues band that I dug into the chicago
blues greats, who btw also valued the beauty of a "head".

Pre fame, Popper played around around NYC and was a much more interesting
player, somewhere I have a cassette of him and  japanese harp player who
was in town for a summer and the two of them played music, not riffs meant
to impress.

I suspect that when BT became a pop band that John capitalized on the
audience response he got from playing fast pattern based licks. As has been
noted he's a heck of a singer and songwriter, the harp adds novelty and
uniqueness to his overall presentation.

I can respect his accomplishments, even if its not my cup o' tea.

trip

--
*Trip Henderson*

*917-287-4882*