[Harp-L] Once upon a time . . .

Joseph Leone 3N037@xxxxx
Fri Feb 1 19:13:34 EST 2019

> On Feb 1, 2019, at 5:16 PM, Spencer Gay <sbg2d at xxxxx> wrote:
>
> Too true,
> i was fortunate to come up in the R&B/Soul era and in the last few years have found the depth of the Great American Songbook by arranging many of these for uke. Here is an article form the Atlantic that may help to explain the process and the source of the current chatter.
> https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/10/hit-charade/403192Doc

Thank you Spencer, Jon, Mike (bullfrog), Ice is nice at twice the price. and ‘He’s a Trip’,  for your inputs. I find them illuminating and very correct.
The players of which we speak are also correct. Inasmuch as they are playing what is commercially acceptable. And they appear to be successful.
Wilson, Popper, Lewis, Willis, Hummel, the guy who never takes his sunglasses off..not even indoors, etc.

I play a few instruments but they are usually over dinner. Where people need to talk to each other. And then dance. I consider myself a swing player.
Not exactly jazz. More like swing. Dang me, dang me, they oughta take a rope and hang me. Swing.  lolol.

Russ Yaa