[Harp-L] Sticky lips

Robert Hale ynfdwas@xxxxx
Sat Aug 3 16:22:43 EDT 2019

Must really be a challenge. I know that you know your way around the harp!

My first thought is their medications. Can't do much about that in the
lesson.
I don't recommend any lip gloss because it builds up a waxy goo on the
harp, and doesn't improve the glide.

I have coached students to lick lips as we start a line, then play till it
dries out.
They may develop their own timing frequency for the re-wetting.

Ultimately they may be able to switch meds with the doctor for less impact.

Ukulele instead? (tease)

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL