[Harp-L] Recommendations for a good, smaller amp?

p.stris@xxxxx p.stris@xxxxx
Thu Apr 18 20:56:29 EDT 2019

I love my little 8 watt Kalamazoo, circa 1950's, I think.  I bought one on
ebay and had it shipped to Greg Heumann at Blows Me Away
(http://blowsmeaway.com/).   Greg made sure everything electronic was in
good shape, added grounding, and added a speaker side line out that keeps
the character of the amp going into a PA or another amp if you need the
added volume.  But, by itself, it is quite loud and can have all the grit
you want.  He sometimes has them already if you just want to get one ready
to go.  I imagine it depends on availability given the vintage.  You can
usually make this happen for under $500.

Here's the Kalamazoo page with lots of info:
http://blowsmeaway.com/kalamazoo.html.

It never fails to attract attention with its "cool factor".

......Pete in Alaska