[Harp-L] Setting stage volume

The Iceman icemanle@xxxxx
Fri Apr 5 10:55:03 EDT 2019

uh, I have a cute trick.....I have mic volume control set kinda low and get the best full sound I can (from sound man or just from sound check w/out). Then, when the set starts, I have control of my overall volume. Have found out that most bands play respectively during sound check, but once the set starts, the guitar player turns up and so does everyone else.  Then I have my secret weapon to turn up as well....

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Irving <coolblues64 at xxxxx>
To: Harp-L <harp-l at xxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Apr 5, 2019 4:58 am
Subject: [Harp-L] Setting stage volume

I have several bullet mics with volume controls.  When setting up at sound check, should I have volume control at maximum and set amp controls to just below feedback?  I can then dial back volume for chords, etc behind vocals. Or is there a better way to set up?  Opinions please!!!
Sent from Mail for Windows 10