[Harp-L] Arbor press for rivets?

Joseph Leone 3N037@xxxxx
Wed Sep 26 20:40:25 EDT 2018

I did say spire point, and I did say push the rivet HALF way out and then pry the reed the rest of the way. Nit-picking excused….lolol
I actually use a sewing machine needle snapped off about 1/16th. inch (.0625) from where it flares into the shank that fits into the machine.
Yes it is true that the tools I use are crude compared to dedicated tools. But they work and they cost nothing. The wife breaks needles like
some cooks break spaghetti. (Btw, never break spaghetti. Make it hard to twirl on your fork.)  :)

If you look at your watch band tool you may see a similarity of the push pins used to a clipped shortened sewing machine needle.

smo-joe