[Harp-L] Valve Glue Pen

Vern jevern@xxxxx
Fri Sep 21 15:48:03 EDT 2018

For many years, I have used G-S Hypo Cement.  I think I learned about it from Bill Dulin.
https://gssupplies.com/gs-hypo-cement/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3bGXtufM3QIVEmp-Ch1ZmgUBEAAYASABEgL0jvD_BwE <https://gssupplies.com/gs-hypo-cement/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3bGXtufM3QIVEmp-Ch1ZmgUBEAAYASABEgL0jvD_BwE>

It sets up reasonably fast but allows enough time to adjust the valve position.  The little needle spout allows you to neatly and accurately dispense a single small drop.

The only disadvantage I can think of is that replacing the cap requires inserting a thin wire into the tiny spout. If you can’t thread a needle, you might find it difficult.

I clamp the valve in a clothespin and put a tiny drop on it.  Then I put a tiny drop on the plate and wait a minute.   Using philatelist’s tweezers, I put it in place and adjust it with a fingertip if necessary.

I recommend it for valves.  Give it a try.  There is little to lose and you may like it as much as I do.

Vern