[Harp-L] EDHarmonica retuning update

Robert Hale robert@xxxxx
Sat Sep 8 22:31:38 EDT 2018

I got anxious to try the ED Harmonica tuning, before my Db harp gets here.
I like it!

An F diatonic became an E in this layout. (Named by Blow 2)
Draw 9 and 10 easily tune up a half step by thinning the reed tip, next two
draw reeds tune down a half step by scraping the base of the reed, and the
remainder tune down 1 to 6 semitones with solder. I haven't seen a comment
on tempered tuning plan from Seydel yet, so I'm listening to where I want
to lower the 3rds of the chords a bit.

I have even thought about starting a beginner student with the EDHarmonica
layout instead of Richter.
I think they would be way ahead to learn melodies, except if historical
American blues was their goal.

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL