[Harp-L] 4th position

captron100@xxxxx captron100@xxxxx
Tue Oct 30 12:00:00 EDT 2018

A few days ago, coolblues64 at xxxxx wrote: Which songs sound better played in 4th position rather than 2nd or 3rd?  I've recently been asked to play harp on a song called Kampfire Vampire and 4th works best.  Got me wondering what other songs this might apply to.

Reply - Here is a u tube vid using 4th position to play Ghost Riders in the Sky, using a C position. The advantage in this case is that there are no bent notes required. If this link doesn't work, a search on u tube for Ghost Riders in the Sky harmonica lesson (Western Week at LearnTheHarmonica.com) by LearnTheHarmonica.com get u there.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9USCd732_E&t=51s