[Harp-L] Modes, Positions or whatever

Chris Hofstader cdh@xxxxx
Tue Oct 30 08:50:28 EDT 2018

I don’t post here often as I do not consider myself to be a musician but, rather, just a hobbyist. For me, positions are good enough as I play almost exclusively to entertain myself and am happy when I play well enough to not scare the dog away. Recently, though, I’ve been learning to play slide guitar and while some of the things I’ve learned playing harmonica without knowing much theory is applicable, this discussion about modes and theory has helped answer a lot of questions I’ve had.

I just wanted to thank everyone who’s participated in this lively discussion as, if nothing else, I’ve found it really interesting and have learned quite a lot.

Thanks!
cdh