[Harp-L] Too Much Monkey Business (was Re: All this Positions and Modes stuff)

Gary Lehmann gnarlyheman@xxxxx
Mon Oct 29 09:01:12 EDT 2018

I agree, there is a highly unusual amount of bandwidth being used on this
subject.
But I don't think the list owner is upset by this, we have had some recent
communication that would indicate otherwise.
I tend to appreciate harmonicas as chord instruments, so I don't make them
serve in positions much beyond what we will call 12th, 1st and 2nd. But I
use altered tunings, where the positions have different faces.
I try not to confuse myself, so I kind of think of them as neighbors on the
circle of 5ths.