[Harp-L] All this Positions and Modes stuff

Jerome P. jersimuse@xxxxx
Sun Oct 28 18:21:10 EDT 2018

Of course, I don't know all the notes on all the harmonicas.
I don't know the positions on any harp either BTW.
But I know all the scales & all the modes I need on a C harp (as much as
possible, let's say).
When changing the key of the harp, I continue to think in terms of modes &
scales, not positions, and I consider that my harp is in C even if it is
not.
I need to know the difference between D major & D minor, not the difference
between 2nd pos & 3rd, which doesn't give me any information but the fact
that the root notes are different.
In conclusion, I do exactly like other transposing instruments, like a
saxophonist would do for example.