[Harp-L] Positions Modes and the Harp_L List.

dh@xxxxx dh@xxxxx
Sat Oct 27 12:38:10 EDT 2018

Sorry Michael I don’t use positions when I play and I'm glad I don't
They are a lock on the way to play and envision the instrument

Aongus : Most of the great musicians everybody admire have relative pitch (a pretty good one I would say)
As soon as you start working on your ears whatever you do that make you improve is good. So I wouldn’t focus too much on relative or perfect pitch
Just learn to identify what you hear (for instance a harmonica player using positions 😃) and sing what you hear and play (start simple)

David Herzhaft

-----Original Message-----
From: Harp-L <harp-l-bounces at xxxxx> On Behalf Of Aongus Mac Cana
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2018 10:09 AM
To: Harp-L List <harp-l at xxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Positions Modes and the Harp_L List.

Michael Rubin's generous response to my dumb enquiry on the above topic and the response of others reaffirms to me what is terrific resource this forum is.

Dare I raise the topics of Perfect and Relative Pitch?

David Lucas Burge claims that these skills can be learned.

I invested in his CD course and think that he might be right. If I could be a bit more persistent I would know for sure.

Has anyone else established that Perfect Pitch is not just a God given gift only bestowed on the privileged few?

Beannachtai

Aongus Mac Cana